Pie Tee - a delicacy from Peranakan Baba Nyonya | Belle of Paradise


Pengikut

Selasa, 20 Ogos 2013

Pie Tee - a delicacy from Peranakan Baba Nyonya

Assalamualaikum dears,

Selamat Hari Raya again to alls!!

And do not forget to perform Puasa 6 ya! There is advantage of 6-days fasting in Syawal as Prophet Muhammad S.A.W said


“Barangsiapa yang berpuasa Ramadhan kemudian diikuti puasa enam hari di bulan Syawal, maka ganjarannya seolah-olah puasa sepanjang tahun”. (Muslim dan lainnya)

Ok, today I want to share a recipe for appetizer. This recipe originated from Peranakan Baba Nyonya. The rest of the histories, please google up yourself. Teeeheeee ^______^

I have done this appetizer twice. The first trial, I considered as fail! Hahaha.. I followed the recipe from Mat Gebu exactly but I do not know why my Pie tee cases were not smooth as Mat Gebu did. Maybe I made some unidentified mistakes during the process. Eventhough the cases were not so beautiful, but I still kept on frying the cases for practises only! Hihihi..

The second time I did these yummy food was a few days ago. I got a new recipe from my senior. He got the recipe from his wife. Actually I forced him to jot down the recipe for me. Hahaha.. I think his wife is frying the cases that time and he posted it in FB. He also gave me some tips for Pie Tee process.

Lets try this!

8 spoonful of rice flour
1 spoonful of plain flour
200ml water
1 egg (I used Grade C)
a pinch of salt
drops of vanilla essence

All these ingredients, I mixed them in the blender. Then, filter. Let it rest for a while you heat up the wok. Please make sure the oil used is plenty enough to cover the copper pie tee mold. Heat the mold, then dip three-quarters the mold into the batter until it is evenly coated. Then fry it. You can keep the cases in air-tight container if you do not want to eat immediately.

For the filling, it is up to you. I used shredded carrots, shredded turnip, diced onions and some cuttlefish balls. I just saute them a bit then let it cool and eat! Yummmyyyyyy~

You can change the fillings to chicken meat, shrimps, sausages or tuna. You can also used salads, zucchini, bean sprouts or mix vege for different taste! 






That's all dears!


@>----- Thanks for reading this entry!! (*_^)

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

Please leave ur comments wisely =)

Click-click

Copyright©All rights reserved to Zaidatul Akmal